What Can Orthodontics Do for Me?
- Increase self-esteem by improving appearance.
- Decrease the likelihood of gum disease and premature loss of teeth by relieving stress on gums and bones which results when teeth do not meet properly.
- Possibly eliminate speech problems caused by protruding or misaligned teeth.
- Help reduce and help treat jaw joint difficulties (see TMJ).
- Lower the incidence of decay in crowded, overlapping teeth which can become food trap areas.
- Eliminate improper wear of teeth due to poor alignment.
- Orthodontics is the specialty of dentistry that is devoted to bringing the teeth, jawbones, and facial profile into proper alignment. An orthodontist is a dentist who has completed an additional two to three years of graduate education in an approved, University affiliated orthodontic specialty program.
- They are truly specialists in Braces.
What Can One Expect from Orthodontic Care?
- An attractive smile!!!
- Healthy jaw joints.
- Teeth that fit together properly. This provides improved function and long-term health of the teeth and gums. Severe wear of teeth can happen when the fit is considerably off.
- More efficient chewing which will allow for improved digestion and over-all health.